Budget Beauty Buys
So, you probably don't know but in my previous (meaning before kids) life i worked as a make up artist. Where i didn't mind travelling to the city everyday, or staying in for drinks after, and i spent my days primping and preening others. My mascara cost $42 and i religiously replaced it every 3 months. I experimented with bright lipstick and wore smoky eyes and liquid eyeliner on a daily basis.
Then i had kids. 3 of them. And started my own business. Let's just say life, time management and my budget have somewhat changed. No more gorgeous free product from the companies i worked for (sob!) or the time to actually apply any of it to my face! Nowadays, i'm rollin with the supermarket buys, but don't be fooled, these beauties can definitely match it with the big guys - any day of the week.
So obviously, as Mum's we love an inexpensive product that can be applied quickly. Here, i'm going to share my fave budget buys, most of which can be found in the supermarket or local Priceline.
1. Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser $16.50 - I have been using this for years. It's gentle and effective. It can be used with or without water and doesn't dry the skin.
2. Aldi Lacura Renew Expert Day Cream $10. - I decided to give this one a go when i was exceptionally desperate for day cream, and holy shizzle did it deliver! It went above and beyond all my expectations and ticked all the boxes. Not too heavy - TICK. Not too light - TICK. Spf - TICK. Pleasant scent - TICK! Better still, how good is the price?
3. Bioderma Make up Remover $31.99 - Had a few too many wines and can't be bothered washing your face? Meet your new bestie. It will remove all your makeup in a hurry - even your mascara!
4. Vaseline Intensive Care Body Moisturiser $5.29- not too greasy so you don't leave an oil slick wherever you lean throughout the day. Smells good too.
5. Maybelline Express Nail Polish Remover $9.95 - a neat little spongey nail polish remover thingy, it removes your polish SO fast! Perfect for days (or weeks!) old nail polish, or when your 4 year old decides to paint your nails and surrounding skin in 10 different neon colours.
6. Maybelline Dream Wonder Foundation $21.95 - recommended by my bestie, this foundation has a smooth satiny finish and stays put all day. I probably wouldn't recommend for oily skin though.
7. Fudge Membrane Gas $19.99 - Twenty buckaroons, and immediately gives you the look that you truly had time to work on your appearance while your two eldest played WWE instead of getting dressed, and your youngest pulled each and every toy she owns into the lounge room.
8. Papaw Ointment $5.99 - An oldie but a damn goodie! I use it on my lips, my kids lips, itchy bites, small burns... just about anything! Even when my kids have a complaint that Papaw probably won't help, i just put it on them anyway. Papaw for everyone! Yay!
9. Maybelline Falsies Mascara $19.95 - Cheap Cheap and awesome results!
Do you have a fave budget beauty buy?? Share in the comments below, i'd love to try some new ones!
Thanks for the Love xx